Thursday, May 21, 2009

week one


Our csa started today. My friend and I went to the farm to pick up our first share. I took home two beautiful heads of leafy green lettuce, snap peas, strawberries and some herbs. I knew that we had some greens coming so I decided to serve a salad for dinner along with a pizza bianca.

For the salad use one head of lettuce, about 1/4 cup of grated pecorino cheese, 2 beets cut into small cubes and roasted, about 1/4 pound of pancetta that has been cubed and fried until crisp, and balsamic vinaigrette. Toss together and serve. It made enough (along with the pizza bianca) to serve 5 for dinner.

For the pizza bianca you will need some pizza dough (I make my own, but you can use store bought. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Divide the dough in half and roll out the first piece. Brush a cookie sheet with olive oil (yo should use your good olive oil for this). Put the dough in the pan and brush the top with olive oil and hen sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until golden. Repeat with the next piece.

Enjoy!

No comments: