Thursday, June 25, 2009

party


We had our happy summer party yesterday. We invited ten families to come and celebrate the start of summer with us.

We spent a ton of time tuesday and wednesday gettting the yard ready and cooking for the party. We bought a bunch of crafts for the kids to do and decorated the drive with a fun chalk welcome for everyone.

Sadly it was a bit of a bust, between the rain and fifteen people not showing up. Of course it started to rain right when the first guest arrived. During the party it rained three different times. I had a ton of food left over and a ton of stuff got ruined from the rain. It only takes me once every few years to remember why I do not do stuff like this.

We are off to the beach today, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does not rain.

1 comment:

Gunn said...

What a HAPPY welcoming!;-)