Monday, March 10, 2008

at long last



This past winter I became tired of my fireplace mantel. I had pictures covering the whole thing. It looked nice, but after almost 8 years it was time for a change. After I cleaned up the holiday display, I left it empty, I was on a quest for something new. After many, many trips to Smith & Hawken, Target and Pottery Barn, I finally found something this past weekend.

This weekend I ran into Smith & Hawken for another look around. They have a ton of new items, they are ready for the gardening season to begin. There, among all of the plants I spotted the selaginella moss. Selaginella is a type of creeping moss. It is an indoor plant and prefers cooler rooms and partial shade, perfect for my living room. They had three plants left, just the amount I wanted. After finding the plant I needed to find a container for them. After testing several, I settled on the small cast iron cachepot. They had three left, it was meant to be.

I lined the three up on the mantel. Now I think I just need to find some small white candles and I will be good to go.

4 comments:

capitolagirl said...

Hi Clear Pink, I'm an Etsy blogger and I got blog tagged today, so now I'm tagging you. I hope that is OK :-)

If you chose to play, here's how this game of tag goes:

1. Link to the tagger.

2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself.

3. Tag 7 people, post their names and links to their blogs on your blog.

4. Tell the 7 people you tagged by posting “Tag you’re it” on their blogs in their comments box and explain the rules to them.

Please don't feel obligated to continue the game, just tag if its something you think would be fun to be a part of!

Tara said...

love the moss! i am just starting to get my house filled with plants! I brought another new one home today. I love the moss idea though!

Rosebud Collection said...

It looks beautiful. What a nice idea.

Earmark Social said...

clear pink, it is beautiful, I can see how that would look lovely and refreshing on your mantel, the candles will make it so ooh la la! great blog and shop!