Wednesday, May 20, 2009

posts


It is hard to believe that it has been over a week since I lasted posted. It has been a busy week outside (I'll post about that soon). I have been in a blog rut for awhile now, not knowing what to post about and not really reading any blogs so it was not difficult to skip posting.

It has been awhile since I made fresh pasta but I made it today. My parents have a pasta roller that attached to the kitchen aid stand mixer (a very good investment) so I borrowed that and made a batch for dinner tonight. Not much is needed to make a great pasta dish if you have good fresh pasta so I just cooked it for four minutes, drained and tossed it with some really good olive oil (six table spoons), pecorino (2/3 cup), arugula (2 cups), a little bit of the hot pasta water, salt and lots of black pepper. It was a big hit.

No comments: