Tuesday, March 17, 2009

butter


I am still making homemade bread each week. I usually make one of two different loaves a week. A few days ago I saw a post on Angry Chicken about homemade butter and what could be better than homemade bread with homemade butter? After two of the kids got home from school today I decided to give it a try. I read the links from the post and decided to use the food processor. I was not able to get over to Whole Foods to get a really good heavy cream, so I had to make do with what a local fruit market had. The butter is pure bliss. I also divided the batch and made some honey butter for the kids. I ran out of time to try to make some biscuits with the buttermilk, but after I get the kids to bed tonight I will give it a try.

2 comments:

cancersucks said...

You are such a great mom and inspiration to me! Play date for E and P next week...I'll provide the tea if you can help me plan a real garden like you do...you are my muse!!

Anonymous said...

homemade butter too erin I can't stand it. I need to shadow you for a week - your blog always makes me smile : )

lvs