Saturday, August 23, 2008

scraps


I have a huge stash of fabric scraps. I have been waiting for the perfect project and found it several months ago on the Spool blog.

I love the little birds that they made using scraps of fabric (you can download a free pdf pattern on the blog). I thought it would be great to make tons of them and hang them from the ceiling in the girls room.

I am still hoping to get to the shop. I seem to be the city when it is closed, but I am going in tomorrow, so perhaps I can get there, we'll see.

picture by Spool.

3 comments:

w said...

these are adorable! thanks for the link.

i have tons and tons of scraps (which i'm cutting up into squares for the preschool teachers to use for collages).

and now, i can do something else with my extra scraps. :)

oriental banana said...

your birdies are really cute! you could also stuff them with catnip and turn them into cat toys! or maybe they are too cute for that...?

Jennifer said...

those are awesome little birdies! and your whole blog is great! :)