Saturday, February 6, 2010

menu recap : week five


SUNDAY
Grilled cheese and short rib sandwiches with pickled caramelized onion and arugula were crazy good. We will make these again. I only made half of the short ribs which was plenty. Also, instead of slicing the onions, I would dice them next time.

MONDAY
Rigatoni with sausage, peppers and onions is an easy and good pasta dish.

TUESDAY
Cheddar, bacon and chive biscuit ham sandwiches were delicious. The recipe makes a lot of biscuits, so I gave them to the kids for lunch the next day.

WEDNESDAY
I changed the dinner to grilled cheese and bacon panini. Our schedule changed and I needed a fast dinner.

THURSDAY
Shrimp dumplings, rice and scallion pancakes turned out well. The kids loved the scallion pancakes. I thought that they were a bit bland. If I make them again I will look for a different recipe.

FRIDAY
Mac and cheese is always a hit. I have a few different recipes that I use, but this one is our favorite. I served it with spinach on the side so there is something a bit healthful.

No comments: