Monday, December 7, 2009

cookies: chocolate chip


Every year during the holiday season I bake and bake and bake. I make tons of cookies to give as gifts. We give them to the kids teachers, my husband brings them to work, I give some to my parents and a few friends. Last year I make twelve different kinds of cookies and one candy. I mix and bake for weeks. I go through pounds and pounds of butter, flour, sugar, chocolate and eggs.

This seasons baking has begun. I made the first dough, chocolate chip. It has to sit in the fridge for two days, then I will shape the cookies and freeze the dough to be baked closer to when we give them out. I try to freeze as much as I can ahead of time so that I do not have to spend two solid days baking (I pretty much do as it is).

You can get the recipe I used here.

No comments: