Saturday, January 2, 2010

cookies : chocolate chip


I am still working on the Levain cookie recipe. I have now tried four different recipes. I have read as many blogs as I can on the recipe, but it does not seem like anyone has figured it out.

The biggest problem that I am having is that the cookies are spreading to much. In my next test batch I am going to play around with the temperate a bit. I am running out of time to try these. I am planning another detox for Monday and there is nothing in these that is allowed.

Batch number four was not the one, but it is an awesome cookie. Give it a try.

Batch Four
Makes 7 very large cookies

1 stick unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cup flour
5 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In the bowl of a mixer beat butter and sugars until just combined. Add egg and mix. In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to butter mixer and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chip and mix until combined.

Divide dough into seven large balls. Be careful not to pack the dough to tight. Place on a large cookie sheet making sure not to place them to close together.

Bake for 16-17 minutes.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Hello! I’m new to blogspot and stumbled upon your blog.

Honestly is there anything better than chocolate chip cookies? (The answer is no! I'm quite convinced their chocolaty goodness rule the planet). Haha.

I'll have to try this recipe sometime and tell you how it goes!

My name's Noel by the way.
Leave me a comment on: http://thesecretofwastedtimes.blogspot.com/

Thanks a lot! I love meeting new people.