Saturday, January 9, 2010

menu recap : week one


I thought it would make sense to recap how the meals were received and any changes that I made to the recipes.

MONDAY
I make quiche about two or three times a year. I change what type it is, but I know going into it that no. one does not like any kind of quiche. I do not make special meals for whomever decided that they do not care for the dinner, they just eat the other dishes that I serve.

TUESDAY
Skillet Lasagna is so easy to make and a hit with everyone. It makes a ton and we always have some left that I send in the kids lunchboxes.

WEDNESDAY
Chicken Noodle Soup

THURSDAY
The Vegetarian Enchiladas were a hit. It is the first recipe that I have made from The Kitchen Bible. However, I did change the recipe a bit. I used flour totillas that I made, I doubled the sauce and the filling as well. The sauce is great and can now never buy a can of enchilada sauce again.

FRIDAY
I made Penne with Italian Sausage, Cream, Tomatoes and Peas from the cookbook Dinner at My Place once before. It is a good dish. How could something with heavy cream, cheese and pasta not be.

No comments: