Saturday, January 23, 2010

menu recap : week three


SATURDAY
Burgers and fries

It was mild enough to grill, so who does not love burgers on the grill. I make my own fries, very easy. Just cut up the potatoes into long frie shaped slices, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a four hundred degree oven for about 40-50 minutes, or until crip outside and soft inside.

SUNDAY
(Birthday dinner)
Roasted duck and mushroom gravy
spaetzle
roasted beets
chocolate and pistachio cream pie

As I wrote before this dinner was a hit. I call it the white meal.

TUESDAY
Italian white bean, pancetta and tortellini soup

This was a hit. Very easy to make. Serve with a good crusty bread.

WEDNESDAY
Confetti Chili

I make this a few times every winter. The kids love it. I served it over rice and topped with cheese and sour cream.

THURSDAY
Spaghetti Puttanesca

This turned out fine. The boys were not crazy for it, but the girls loved it. I had a bunch of sauce left, so I will use it for the girls lunch.

FRIDAY
Chicken tikka masala
basmati rice
spinach
naan

This meal turned out well. The sauce was pretty spicy. Luckily my kids can take a decent amount of heat. Th naan was killer. I will make it again. I tried the sauce and was not thrilled with it. I was wishing it wad more like the one that we get at the Indian place we like. I have come across a few other recipes for the chicken, so I will give one a try in a few weeks.

No comments: