Sunday, January 3, 2010

menus



A little over three yeas ago I was in a cooking rut. We would head to the food store every weeknd and just walk through the aisles buying stuff. It is not like I was gooing junk, I was cooking good stuff, but I seemed to be rotating the same dished every few weeks. Also, since we were shopping without a plan we wasted some food.

After we gutted and redid our kitchen I decided to adopt a new approach to cooking for us. I sat down every week and went though my cookbooks and magazines and planned out a weeks worth of meals. I made a shopping list based on what we were having that week. My goal was to try and make something new almost every night, which when you have as many cookbooks and subscribe to as many cooking magazines as I do, is not that hard.

I am happy to say that I am still doing our weekly menus. Last January I got a journal and decided to keep track of what I made, where the recipe is from, if not in my head, and whether or not it was a hit.

I thought it would be fun to share the weekly menus with you this year. I'll try to link any recipes that I use from the web and share some of my own on occasion.

No comments: