Saturday, January 30, 2010

menu recap : week four


SATURDAY
Pasta with walnut ricotta sauce was only a medium success. Only half liked it enough to have it again.

SUNDAY
Pizza:
Potato bacon, Three cheese, Plain, Puttanesca with cheese
Homemade pizza is always a good dinner. My favorite is the potato and bacon.
MONDAY
Tortellini with brown butter sage sauce is good when I need a fast dinner.

TUESDAY
Pork paillards with sour cream paprika sauce over noodles was a hit. Everyone liked it. If I make it again I will double the sauce.

WEDNESDAY
Miso soup with shrimp and vegetables is another good dinner for a busy school night.

THURSDAY
Chicken quesadillas always a good dinner to make. I roast the chicken breasts with olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper and then shred then for the quesadillas. I serve them with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.


FRIDAY
Sadly we did not make it into the city. I was way to cold to take the kids in and walk around. Instead we went out to a new mexican place when my husband got home. The place was good. It is not our new favorite, but is a place to go again. We are lacking for restaurants in this area.

No comments: